SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blue Ridge Parkway

Made the move into Virginia today and up onto the Blue Ridge Parkway. I started driving today with no place reserved to stay the night. I knew there where camp grounds on the parkway but didn't know how far I would get. It's a different kind of traveling without a destination and only a direction. It puts time into the moment. Only had a few miles driving on it and stopped at the Peaks of Otter Campground. The place is almost empty. The camp host said there was a 90 mile per hour wind storm that came though two nights ago and knocked down trees and power line. Today is clear with a little breeze. Haze but no clouds. With the power of they are running out of water and shut down the lodge. I got the pick of the RV sites, found a nice level one, parked and took off for the trail. Sharp Top Mountain trail 1.5 miles 1300 ft gain. Recommended time up 2 hours. John time 45 minutes.

Miles driven: 229
Miles run: 3
Music: John Denver's Greatest Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment