SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Friday, July 6, 2012

New York State of Mind

I made it into New York on July 3rd. I've been busy visiting and working on the RV. I'm parked in a friends driveway and trying to stay cool although looks like a break in the weather and only into the 80's and low 90's. Since I've been doing lots of things I'm posting some random thoughts and pictures as I go along. I'll add things as I go or make a new post if something special comes along.

I tinted all the back windows on the RV and made solar shades for the inside. Should help with the RV heating up during the day. I also found a loose vacuum hose that was affecting the AC not working. It seems to be better.


First impression: bad roads and lots of traffic.

You are not allowed to pump your own gas in New Jersey.

Went to visit Orange County Choppers world headquarters. Didn't buy anything but cool to see the bikes in person. Didn't make it on TV or see any of the characters.

New York has a bunch of roads/parkways that RV's and trucks are not allowed on. Like all the roads in the state park I wanted to visit.

I am getting my fill of New York style pizza actually made in New York.

I had a real NY bagel and cream cheese. Yum.

Before there was REI and Cabela's there was Ramsey Outdoor. I found some cool "Life is Good" t-shirts at Ramsey Outdoor and returned/replaced a broken bicycle pump at REI store #140 in Paramas, NJ.

7/10/12. Tool the motorcycle out for a ride and went to see mom again. She was better but still a little off. Took the long way back to the RV through Harriman State Park. More bad roads and some good ones. A few of my old favorite motorcycle rides. Checked in about camping and using the kayak on some of the lakes. New York State doesn't recognize my sit on top kayak as a "boat" so I can't pay the $30 to float on a lake for the day. It's getting time to move on.

Expenses to date:

Miles: 4350
Gallons gas: 593
Gas $: $2076
Food: $315
Camping: $553
Misc: $375.29

Overall ave weekly exp $475 keeps me on budget for the year. Yeah I get to keep going!

I think being on the east coast I'll be able to travel less and see more stuff. Unless I end up in Newfoundland :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment