SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Errata and Perkins Drive

Errata: The boulders and debris left behind by receding glaciers.

The hills around the area I grew up where formed by the glaciers durining the last ice age leaving piles of rock and exposed areas. I didn't know that glaciers still existed until I moved to Seattle. Now I've hiked and climbed and even spent the night sleeping on a glacier at 8000 ft.

It's interesting and enevatble to compare and contrast where I came from and what I've done. New York to Washington and everything in-between. I can trace the trail of errata that occurred and has been left behind as I moved along. I've come back home and now it's time to move out again.

I came home 4 weeks into my sophomore year of college and wanted to drop out. My mothers reply. "Do what you want.". No discussion. No advise. When I visited her now she said the same thing to me. "you can leave now, go do what you want". I was never pressured to do anything and left alone to make my own choices. I guess that's how I got here now.

Perkins Memorial Drive is a road that leads up to an old fire lookout tower. The hill has been used since revolutionary times as it looks over the Hudson River. The road is a favorite from my past motorcycle days. It was so much fun yesterday I went up and down it twice. From the top you can see the skyline of New York City ( 40 miles away), the Hudson River north and south, West Point Military Academy and the rolling hills around the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment