SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Going East and Back in Time

Today was about driving again. I was in 5 different states, which is easier to do on the east coast. Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New York. The further east you go the older the mountains are and the older the roads get with worse conditions. The town I'm spending the night in was founded in 1690. And it seems the drivers get worse too. After seven hours of moving I stopped at the closest KOA to home (mostly for the wifi). It's on a nice little river (although it's no Shenandoah). So what else can I go but paddle up stream again. This one is the Neversink River. It's was running fast in areas but still shallow enough that eventually I couldn't get over the rocks. Yesterday's practice helped but it was moving to fast and I didn't want to walk the shallows. A good days driving, playing in the water to wash out the cobwebs and easy drive to the old home front tomorrow

Music: The singing of the tires on the road and the thoughts in my head.

Miles: 348

No comments:

Post a Comment