SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Reflections on Maine

I think I've gone about as far north as I'm going and it's time to read the signs in front of me and turn around.  I could tell the difference this morning as I was driving on the freeway the sun was in my face and not on my back.


Maine Road Sign.

I enjoyed my time in Maine and could have probably stayed around longer but felt it was also time to move on.  The people where friendly and the landscape varied and beautiful.  Maybe  some reminders of Washington.  Being on the coast and salt water and then up in the mountains.  (I would go back if I don't have to drive through Massachusetts.  (I learned a new word, the drivers there are called Mass-holes.))

You Know You Are In Maine When:
Every other car has at least one kayak or canoe on top.
There are moose crossing signs along the road.
People ask, "So have you climbed Katahdin?"
People don't camp, they have a Camp.  As in my grandfather has a camp on the lake.






Leaving Maine my route took me on US Highway 2.  The same Highway 2 those of us in Washington know as Stevens Pass.  I think it's funny/strange that you can be on the SAME road but so far apart.

  • It's the same two lane twisty road through small towns and farms.
  • Most of the way it follows a river.
  • Lots of logging along the way.
  • It's Gold Bar vs Gorham, .
  • I'm driving to Mt. Washington, NH. in the White Mountains vs White Pass in the Evergreen State.





Miles Driven:  286
Music:  "Don't Look Back"  Boston
Next about face:  Key West!
This mornings temp:  55 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment