SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mt. Washington Auto Road

Today's big event was a motorcycle ride up the Mt Washington Auto Road. I'm not sure I've ever been on an "Auto Road" but now I know. It's a road they charge you $15 to drive auto's on (and motorcycles. It stated as a carriage road to the top to get tourists to the summit. The speed limit was 15-20 if you could get that fast. Lots of slow cars, no guard rails and lots of twists and turns. They also run tour shuttle vans up for those who don't want to drive it. It was a perfect weather day with minimal wind. Mt Washington also has the designation of having had the fasted recorded wind speed of 231 mph. It's eight miles of up. They hold a bicycle race and the record time is around an hour. The views from the top where nice but hard to enjoy. There was an actual line of people waiting the stand on the piles of rocks designated as the peak.

For those fans of Zombieland I have made a new rule: don't waste time hiking up a mountain that others can drive up.

Miles driven: 8 up. 8 down.

No comments:

Post a Comment