SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mt. Mansfield , VT

Another hike up another tallest point. There is an auto road and a gondola but they don't actually go to the summit, just nearby. Overcast and humid but no rain to start. Up the Long Trail 2.3 miles and 2800 ft to "The Chin". Still better trail then NH but still just seems to be up a stream bed. Used the Five Fingers for the approach and did well with 2 hours to the top which was a rock scramble in the clouds. Took the ridge trail down below the clouds and could see the valley. The trail dropped onto a black diamond ski run and then back into the woods. Made it back to the RV just when it started to thunder and really rain. I took advantage of having the RV and got a cold iced tea and took a hot shower while still parked in the lot. Getting spoiled.

And the way back stopped at the Trapp ( as in the Sound of Music family) Brewery to refuel and rehydrate. The family settled here and over the years developed a lodge.

On the trail down the original five fingered animal crossed my path. Made me think that if humans weren't supposed to use toes when do we still have them?

No comments:

Post a Comment