SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Don't Feed the Bears

This morning as I was driving out of the camp ground I saw a bear along side the road. It seemed to be on a trail and wanting to cross the road but turned around when I stopped. The first night I got to the park I went to go for a trail run. Five feet in there was a pile of bear scat on the path. I went to the ranger station and reported in and told them my planned run and when I would be back. No bear seen on the run but I did finish a little quicker. Checked out with the ranger when I got back.

Today I went fit a guide ATV tour. It was a lot of fun riding the quad though all the trails. The state had recently bought an old logging area and is developing it as park. The guide was leading and saw a bear on the trail but took off before I went by. I start riding dirt bikes in the woods before I hand my drivers license. I like hiking but powering through the woods is fun too.

I made it back dusty but in one piece. Probably one sport NOT for five fingers.

Moved to another camp ground on the the west side of the White Mountains. Arrived in time to "feed the dog" eat some guacamole, chips and salsa and take off on a hike to Lonesome lake.

Miles ATV: 37
Miles RV: 65
Hike: 3 miles up and down
Elevation gain hike: 1000'

No comments:

Post a Comment