SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"On This Trail You May Experience:"

I started out the day with a 3 mile mountain bike trail ride at Table Rock State Park in Missouri. The title about was on a sign at the trail head. And if you check the photo below it comes with many warning. If you have to tell people all those things maybe they shouldn't be on the trail in the first place. They could have made a smaller sign and said, "On This Trail You May Experience: LIFE!"



I tried to video the trail and got a short clip but holding the iPhone with one hand and controlling the bike with the other is going to take some more practice.



The ride was fun and some good exercise. Checked out the state campground for future use and would like to go back and try the other trails

Made my way down to The Buffalo National River in Arkansas. Got my toes wet and finally tried out the new sit on top kayak I bought at REI before I left. It's been tied to the top of the RV. Its been really dry here they tell me so the river is down but I found a stretch with some water. The kayak did great and floats in about 5 inches of water. The water felt about 80 degrees.

All in all a good first full day back on the journey. Off to check out another park and some hiking trails tomorrow.

I also figured out if I take my cloths into the shower I can wash them out and even if they are still wet in the morning they make for good cooling. Rigged up an Winnebago clothsline.

Miles traveled: 95 in RV. 3 on bicycle. 1 afternoon floating on river.


Holding up the RV with ten toes.


Floating on the Buffalo National River.



Buffalo River.

Buffalo River




1 comment:

  1. looks like a fun ride, with a wonderful river to jump into when your done, thats an awesome spot for the RV, so jelous

    ReplyDelete