SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nashville Rolling / Natchez Trace



First impression of Nashville driving into town was it looked similar to Seattle. A skyline of building and bike lanes on many of the streets. There are various neighborhoods and urban areas. My friends house was built in 1905 and could be in Ballard. Seems this area was developed during the same time. You can get out to older areas and still see HUGH plantation homes.

On day I went for a bicycle tour to the new Grand Ole Opry. They have a bike path along the river in a green belt much like the Burke Gillman.








Another trip I took the motorcycle for a ride around town. At the south end starts the Natchez Trace Parkway. It's the beginning of a 444 mile road the goes from Nashville to Natchez, Mississippi. It's follows a 10,000 year old path used by buffalo, Indians and settlers. There are waterways and mineral deposits and feeding grounds. It's called a "trace" because the Indians would trace the route of the game and buffalo. The trail rolls along the tops of the hills and twist and turns. I'll be back to explore more of it.



Start of the Natchez Trace Parkway.

Covered with dust after driving through Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment