SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Friday, June 22, 2012

"Caution and Supervision of Children"

Today's sign of the times. I have seen this one a few different places today. Do children in Arkansas misbehave? Or do parents not watch their children? The good news is it says nothing about adults so I'm off the hook and do what I want ! Wohoo!!!





Started the day with a 4 1/2 mile trail run/hike in the Seven Hollows Trail on Petit Jean State Park. The sign said allow 4 hours. John time was 1 hour 45 minutes including a visit to the grotto. Lots of varied terrain and rock feature and changes in vegetation at the different elevations and micro climates.

Grotto.

Natural Bridge on Seven Hollows Trail.

View of Arkansas River from Petit Jean.


Afterwards a visit to the local pool for a swim and some practice laps.

Next stop Mount Magazine. The highest point in Arkansas at 2753 feet above sea level. In the last few years Arkansas has spent a lot of money and effort building up and repairing its state park system. There are a lot of new lodges and visitor centers. They have a huge one at the top of the mountain with views over the valley below. I hiked up to the actual high point. It's well marked but no view because it's flat and below the trees.

View from the Lodge looking south.

On the trip I decided I had the time to learn an instrument and before I left Seattle I bought a wooden flute from Dusty Strings in Fremont.  I wanted something to play without musical knowledge and would be easy to carry around.  Here is my first song learned and recorded.

"Day is Done" (Taps)
Mt Magazine on summer solstice/first day of summer May 21, 2012



1 comment:

  1. You need to get a marketing deal going with Vibram!

    ReplyDelete