SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

34°38.6'44"N / 91°3.2'12.8" W

Those are the coordinates of the initial site that was used to survey the land from the Louisiana Purchase of 1803. In 1815 two guys set out and determined a Nourth-South line and an East-West line. Those two lines cross in Arkansas and there is a State Park and National Historic Landmark that preserves that location. From that point the survey began. It is located out in the middle of an Arkansas headwater swamp. Luckily they built a raised boardwalk to get out to it.

After that visit I went east to another State Park for the night and the place is awesome. They just finished it and situated on a lake near the Mississippi river. The sites are huge and spread out and are out in a wooded peninsula in the middle of a lake. Took the kayak out for a paddle. Saw birds, fish, turtles, snakes and a couple of raccoons looking for dinner. Since its a new park there are not many signs up and I almost gave up and went to the Graceland RV park. I'm glad I persisted and found the lake.
Sunset on the lake.
GBH looking for dinner.
Raccoon looking for dinner.


Camp site.
Looking at my site from the water.  The RV is hiding in the shade.

Usual shot.
Stone marking the starting point.
Arkansas swamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment