SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Orb Days

Fun times at the Orb again. (And winter). I've been back at the Orb for a couple of weeks with my friends. It's always a nice time with good food and wine. They bought a new pool table and with the wine cellar, bar, dart board and deck the lower level has become the hangout.

Just so I didn't completely miss out of winter there were a couple of snow storms and some very cold days. It did make a good time to be out working in the woods. We made our own "skid road" to slide the old fallen trees down the hill. That's where one new tool helped: a Honda Recon 250 quad ATV. It's been on my list for a long time and with 14 hilly acres to clean up it came in handy. Dragging trees and brush and hauling gear. The other new tool added was a wood chipper. Instead of having to burn or remove the debris anything under 3" got chipped. Anything bigger went to line the ATV / hiking / deer trail. The trail from last summer looked good and leaves easily raked off. It will be interesting to see what things look like when all the trees leaf out this spring.

The deck got a finishing touch with some lattice underneath. All in all it was good to be back at base camp. The RV got cleaned out and reset. I picked up my cargo trailer, loaded up the ATV and it will be westward bound.

















No comments:

Post a Comment