SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Little Horse Canyon Utah

This morning I woke up with one plan for the day.But being open to what the universe may haow in store plans change.  I went to the campground office for coffee and breakfast.  As I was talking to the owners and he gave me a brochure on a nearby place to hike.  So instead of heading towards Moab (on a holiday weekend) an hour later (in the other direction) I was at the trail head.  As I've been driving through the Utah scenery it's been on a grand scale and far away.  This seemed like a good way to make it small and up close.   As it happened this turned out to be one of my top three hikes!  8 mile loop up one canyon, across the desert and back down another. 3 1/2 hours.  It's not a National Park or even a State park.  It's just out on BLM land.  The pictures tell the story.

Goblin Valley on the approach.


Time to "cook" again!  Trailhead parking lot.


Heading up the wash.  Hard to think there's a canyon?


Around the corner and entrance into the canyon.


The first slot!


Having fun for sure!


Looking up out of the darkness.


Yes that's the trail.  Sweet!


Exit out of the top of the canyon.


Along the desert.


Just unbelievable scenery.


More...
Desert Walker.  (Doing my Survivorman/ Les Stroud filming imitation)


Looking out to the real desert.


A little blockage.


Heading down Bell Canyon.




Some 20 fingers smearing!


Sunset over Moab.

Music on the drive in:  "Roll with the Changes" REO Speedwagon (where's the rock organ anymore?)

No comments:

Post a Comment