SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Myakka River SP, FL

It's easy to see Florida as only beaches and people and retirement developments and shopping malls if you don't get away from the coast. I drove west across the state through farm lands and horse ranches. The state park is only eight miles inland from Sarasota but another world. It is a forest and wild place filled with wildlife. 58 square acres of wetland prairies, hammocks, and pinelands. In the short time I was there here is a list: to many birds I don't know the name of but including two bald eagles, a family of wild pigs, vultures like crows in the trees, I can hear owls and other crazy bird noises at night, turtles, deer, and alligators!

They have a canopy walk that's 25 feet above ground and 100 feet long through the trees with 75 foot tower climb at one end.

Some pictures of the sights. I barely scratched the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment