SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Miles (South Dakota)

Today's theme was miles. Get many miles behind me. And South Dakota is a good place to do it. Long and flat. Decided to bypass Mt Rushmore and the Black hills for another time to make some distance to Missouri. Made it to Yankton SD before sunset. Parked the rig. Grabbed the bicycle off the back and started peddling. I knew I was close to the Missouri river do started going down dirt roads by the campground looking for access. After a few dead ends, no trespassing sign, large mud puddle, a field archery practice range (luckily no one was practicing), iPhone maps and a sidewalk I made it to the river just in time to put my toes in before the sun set! It was very good to be moving the legs after driving all day. And as a bonus I finally found SUMMER! It's was 70 degrees and Sunny! First time I put on shorts and didn't need a jacket to walk around. Got back in time to feed the dog :-)
Making waves.
Sunset on the Missouri River.
Graveyard of old archery targets.
Time to feed the dog after a good bicycle ride!
Peddling through the archery range?
Me heading down the road.
The Road.

Total miles today:  472 ! (9 hours travel time)

No comments:

Post a Comment