SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Friday, October 26, 2012

954 Turns

I've been hanging out in and around Asheville, NC for a little while.  In my earlier travels the city often came up a a place to check out.  The timing worked out and it's been a great time of year to be here.  The fall colors are making their way through the surrounding hills.  The temperature has been in the 70"s during the day and 40-50's at night with lots of sunshine.

The area is in the crossroads of some great motorcycle rides.  Probably one of the most noted is the "Dragons Tail".  It is a section of US  Route 129 that winds through the lower Smoky Mountains with 318 curves in 11 miles.  Needless to say it was a very fun road.  And the best part was I did it THREE times.  Down and back on the motorcycle and once through with the RV.  There were professional photographers taking shots of everyone going by.  The pictures below are from www.129slayer.com if you want to see who else was on the road.  I didn't see to many other RV's taking the challenge.




Miles:  33
Curves:  954
Crossed the yellow line:  0
Drivers delayed behind RV:  0

No comments:

Post a Comment