SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Assateague National Seashore

On a suggestion from a camper I met in at Lake George I made a trip here. It's a big sandbar barrier island on the coast of Maryland that has wild ponies roaming around. I had planned two days here but lost one due to a mechanical problem before I left New York. I made it here after the tail end of the tropical storm and rain in time to take a walk on the beach and catch the sunset. Evidence of the storm in that my parking spot was under 4 inches of water. (I moved to another site. ) There is always something regenerative being on the seashore and hearing the surf.




Music on my way out of New Jersey: Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run" (of course :-)

Music on my way off the island: Band of Horses (of course :-)

Miles: 235


No comments:

Post a Comment