SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The End and A Beginning. Summer in Seattle

As it worked out I returned to Seattle for the summer of 2013.  It was a fitting journey and an end to the trip.  I'm sure it won't be an end to my travels.

I had posted the above picture of the memorial at Fisherman's Terminal in Ballard taken in December 2012 and mentioned how grey it was.

To right a wrong is is the same place on a glorious Seattle summer day!

Here are the overall (rounded off) numbers:


Trip  ( May 2012 - July 2013)
Miles driven: 30,000
Gallons of gas: 3511
States: 42 
(6 states I've been to before but not on this trip Louisiana, California, Oregon,Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada)
(2 states I've yet to visit Wisconsin and Michigan)
Months away: 14
Campsites: 100
Days worked: 6 (as a PA)
Days missing work: 0
Time under water: 9 hours 36 minutes
Times crossed the continental divide:  4
Road kill: 0
Bugs killed on the wind shield:  2,000,000 (I actually counted a few times and multiplied up)



Total $ spent: $50,000

Cost of gas: $15,000
Propane: $500
Food / Dining: $10,000
RV parts/repair:  $8,000
Camping fees: $4,000
Health insurance:  $3,000
Cell phone / Internet : $1,500
Other travel:  $2,500
Everything else: $3,500

Time
10,000 hours (418 days)
600 hours driving
3,500 hours sleeping
1,250 hours eating
50 hours working
600 hours on ADL's
4,000 HOURS HAVING FUN!

A few more photos:
Columbia River, Eastern Washington
Snoqualmie Pass May 21, 2012 heading east on the first day.

Snoqualmie Pass heading west return trip July 2013.

After driving 2000 miles from Missouri the first traffic jam I hit was I-90 through Mercer Island.

A nice day at Golden Gardens Park.
My house in Ballard of 15 years as I left it.

This is what they did.  (Notice the big red building in the back yard? )
I had fun living out my "This Old House" dream and saving a 112 year old original Seattle house.  It was in good enough shape when I left that they could't knock it down.  But there was enough room in the back yard to build.  Seattle's plan to slow urban sprawl by increasing the density in the city.


Road Warriors.

Not really in trouble.  Just having fun with the Sheriff.

Snoqualmie Falls.

So many beautiful places to see.  Denny Creek.

Sun setting over Seattle and my time there.

Rail Trail Tunnel under Snoqualmie Pass.

There is a light an the end of the tunnel ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment