SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Flying Winnebago

April 1, 2013

"In the 1970s, the Itasca Division of Winnebago Industries actually built, certified, and sold the flying and floating Heli-Camper, advertised as “the most dramatic, comfortable, convenient and unique RV in the world.” (Floats were optional, though, and the porch was more of a screened awning that scrolled out for use with lawn chairs.) In the late 1970s, the lumbering offspring of a joint effort by Winnebago and Orlando Helicopter Airways, renamed Heli-Home, appeared on TV, starred in an RV trade show, and fluttered onto the pages of Time, Popular Mechanics, and Popular Science."


An actual flying Winnebago.


So not to be out done I decided to take what money I had left and buy a helicopter for the RV.  Who needs to tow a car around when you can just fly!
Helicopter lands on RV.


Sun rise over the Colorado River Scenic Byway, Utah.



No comments:

Post a Comment