SPOT GPS

Here is the link to my SPOT GPS shared page. It only shows information that I've sent in the last 7 days. So if it's empty it just means I haven't used it lately but I'm still OK.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Solar Panel on the RV

I added a 140 watt 8 amp solar panel to the RV.  I did some research online and ended up using RV Solar Electric.  Called them on the phone and they are very helpful.  Went through my needs and designed a system.  Went with one large panel and a simple 10 amp controller.  I have two Interstate 26 house batteries with an 80 amp/hour rating each.  With this panel on a sunny day I should be able to put 40 amp/hours into the bank (8amps x 5 hours).


Panel:  Kyocera KD-140sx
Controller: SunSaver 10L-12 12v 10A Charge Controller 
Xantrex LinkLite Battery Monitor
Xantrex 1000w inverter.

If the ac shroud looks new it's because it is.  During installation of the panel I leaned on the shroud and put my hand trough the top.  25 years of weather made it very brittle.  On a good note I took the RV in and they checked the rooftop ac and found no problems.  They where also able to revive my engine ac.  A leaky hose replaced, updated system to the new refrigerant, and $1000 but I've got ac thank to Evergreen RV.
Access through refrigerator vent.



Before.

No comments:

Post a Comment